Sep 27, 2011
Humility
My prayer lately has been for humility. Why? Because I have noticed a lot of pride in my life that I can not get rid of on my own. The Lord really does answer prayers that are in line with His will and quickly. Not that I am a perfectly humble human being all of a sudden at all. I still have a long way to go, but God got to work right away and His sense of humor came out too. The day after I started praying for this, my clumsiness definitely surfaced. This morning alone I have spilled coffee all over my leg and the floor, and spilled water all over my desk. I have had my most embarrassing moment in the last week and have had the hardest time with school. But God has allowed me to be thankful for these funny moments and opportunities to realize how little and incapable I really am. On top of it, the Lord provided in the book My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers this morning. It talked about how "very few of us know the absolute "go" of abandonment to Jesus." "'One thing though lackest...' The only 'good thing' from Jesus Christ's point of view is union with Himself and nothing in between." If the realization of how much I allow to get between my Savior and me is not enough to humble me, I don't know what will. It takes passion, practical though and application, and surrender to abandon all to Christ and let him humble me. That is my prayer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment